At the Parish of St. Benedict, we follow a family-focused preparation model for this sacrament – helping families grow in their understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and witness God’s grace and mercy with one another. First Reconciliation preparation is provided to all children in 2nd grade or older who have completed at least one year of faith formation through Journey of Faith, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, St. John Bosco Catholic School, or other method of religious education approved by the Diocese of Phoenix.
This Sacramental preparation program includes the following components:
- Home-study with the family, using a book, lesson plans and timeline provided by the parish
- One Multi-family group meeting that includes a Scripture study and group activity
- One Required Retreat
Mandatory Registration & Parent Meeting for First Reconciliation:
- Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 6:00pm in the SJB Library
- Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Saturday, December 2, 2017 from 9:00am-11:30am.
- Children and at least one parent or guardian attend together
- Wednesday, December 6th, 2017 at 7:00pm
- Held during the St. Benedict Parish Advent Communal Penance Service
Have questions? We are here to help.
Please contact our Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator at 480.961.1610 x303.