At the Parish of St. Benedict, we approach preparation for this sacrament as a family affair – helping families grow in their understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and in their ability to reconcile with one another. Reconciliation preparation is provided to all children in 2nd grade or older who have completed a year of religious formation through Journey of Faith, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, St. John Bosco Catholic School, or other method of religious education approved by the Diocese of Phoenix.
This Sacramental preparation program is family-focused. The components of the preparation are as follows:
- Home-study with the family
- One Multi-family group meeting
- One Retreat
Mandatory retreat for 2016:
- Saturday, November 19th, 9:00am-11:30am on the SJB Campus.
First Reconciliation for 2016:
- Monday, December 5th, 7:00pm
- Held during St. Benedict Advent Communal Reconciliation Service
Have questions? We are here to help.
Please contact our Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator at 480.961.1610.