At the Parish of St. Benedict, we follow a family-focused preparation model for this sacrament – helping families grow in their understanding of the Sacrament of Reconciliation and witness God’s grace and mercy with one another. First Reconciliation preparation is provided to all children in 2nd grade or older who have completed at least one year of faith formation through Journey of Faith, Catechesis of the Good Shepherd, St. John Bosco Catholic School, or other method of religious education approved by the Diocese of Phoenix.
This Sacramental preparation program includes the following components:
- Home-study with the family, using a book, lesson plans and timeline provided by the parish
- One Multi-family group meeting that includes a Scripture study and group activity
- Attendance at one retreat
Required Registration & Parent Meeting for First Reconciliation (Choose one to attend):
- Tuesday, September 25, 2018 at 6:00pm in the SJB Library OR
- Sunday, September 30, 2018 at 12:15pm in the Parish Meeting Room
- Please bring a copy of your child’s Baptismal Certificate
- Family must be currently registered and active at St. Benedict parish
- Child must be enrolled in a St. Benedict Faith Formation program and have completed at least one year of religious education
- Sacrament Materials Fee of $15 per child
- Saturday, December 1, 2018 from 9:00am-11:30am.
- Children and at least one parent or guardian attend together
- TBD – December 2018
- Held during the St. Benedict Parish Advent Communal Penance Service
Have questions? We are here to help.
Please contact our Children’s Faith Formation Coordinator at 480.961.1610 x303.